Monday, March 3, 2008

Lunch Bet – AIDS PPSAs

I need you to help me lose my lunch (bet). On November 5th, 2007, we hosted the AIDS Personal Public Service Announcement Project in Philadelphia. Student teams from the University of Georgia, University of South Carolina, and Temple University were handed mobile video and wireless technology (thanks to Verizon). They had one day to make videos to be played on cell phones encouraging young people to be tested for HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. It was a crazy idea. But these teams produced 10 amazing videos.
But I have to admit that I was disappointed. Although the videos are amazing (creative, funny, powerful) not many people have seen them.
Last week I challenged a group of Public Relations and Advertising students to increase the number of people exposed to these videos. And I gave them an incentive. On Wednesday of last week 37 people had watched the most popular video on YouTube. I told this group that if 200 people watched at least one of the videos by Thursday (3, I would buy them lunch – at a restaurant of my choosing. And if 400 people watched one of the videos they could choose the lunch location. And now I am adding a further challenge – if they get the number up to 1000, I will take the entire NMI Capstone class (all 19 of them) out to lunch.
Here is where you can find the videos on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=AIDSPPSA
Help them make me lose my lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home