Monday, February 9, 2009

Make Something Work – the NEW New Media Update Video Edition

I am turning into a sentimental sap! During the holiday break I created a LinkedIn Group for UGA’s New Media Alum (if you are an alum and you aren’t on it, do it)! I have been going back through the list and I realize that the students who have moved on are what I am the most proud of. Starting up conversations with you guys is making me a little nostalgic.

One of the things that students keep reminding me of is the New Media Mantras. You know, the things we say over and over to keep us on the right track.
One of my favorites is “Make something work. Then make it work better.” Remember that? Well this week, a group of NMI students showed they really get it.
Take a look at this -- http://mynmi.net/newmediaupdate/. Kiley Dorton (a Cognitive Science major) and Zack Goulet (Telecommunications) pitched the idea of a video update telling the outside world about the cool things going on in the NMI. They did a formal presentation – and they even wore ties. Later they recruited Jennifer Strickland (PR) and Justin Williams (Film Studies) to help out. This week they released Episode 1 of the “New Media Update: Origins.” You gotta take a look at it. It will make you miss the fun of college.

Zack, Kiley, Jennifer and Justin – earmuffs. I don’t want you guys hearing this. I am very proud of what they accomplished. And they did the entire thing by themselves. OK, earmuffs off. There are some things we are going to improve on. But they showed they understand making something work, then making it work better. Way to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home