Monday, August 24, 2009

I turned 50 – so give me a break!

Yes, I know you have all been checking your email every Monday morning waiting for my update. “Where is Scott? He used to keep me fully apprised of all things new media at UGA. What has happened to him?” Two things.
The first is summer. I know you think we academics just take the summer off to head to the beach, right? Well, I didn't. I have spent the summer learning some crazy new things that I want to share with you over the next few weeks. I have new ideas about social media. We are going to be working on wild new projects for Facebook and Twitter. I learned a lot about mobile media, too. Capstone projects this semester are going to be almost all iPhone and smartphone. So summer was educational.
But the second thing that happened is that I turned 50! Yeah, I know you are thinking I don't look that old (thanks!). Now I am entering the second half of life. I spent a lot of my summer reconnecting – with old friends, with old music, with old experiences. And it has been eye-opening. I have had a good first half, but Shamp's have always been second half players. So watch out!
I do feel bad not having written you in a while. But I swear I haven't been sleeping late. I have been reminiscing and learning. This semester is off to a great start. So I am back in the saddle and ready to keep you posted!
And, yes, I missed you, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home