Tuesday, July 24, 2007

NMI in the black (and red)


I have a confession to make. When the NMI was established seven years ago, we needed a logo – FAST! A student (I wish to heck I could remember who) suggested a logo, the staff of the NMI voted on it, and we have been using it since 2000. I loved the design. I hated the colors. It was orange! I can’t stand orange! It is the color of so many teams I want to beat (Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Clemson). I have never worn orange in my entire life and I have forbidden anyone in my family from doing so. But everyone else loved the logo, colors and all, so I bit my tongue. Until last week. Same design. New colors. Now the logo for the NMI is red and black – and all is right with the world. Look at our new site – http://www.nmi.uga.edu/. Go dawgs!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Byrne said...

Honestly, the old one is better. New Media reaches beyond traditional boundaries, so the old colors worked. Also, they are easier on the eyes.

Red is a color of distraction and keeps moving a person's eyes away from the content to whatever has that color.

July 25, 2007 at 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home